If you are looking to slim down in a sustainable and healthy way, it never hurts to have a few wholesome habits and nutrient-rich foods in your arsenal. By making some simple tweaks to your diet and lifestyle, you can achieve huge results. Below are my favorite tips, tricks, and snacks to have you looking and feeling your best all summer long.
Tips & Tricks
- Reduce your stress and get adequate sleep. Sleep plays a vital role in appetite and metabolism. Getting enough sleep helps maintain a healthy metabolism.
- When by a pool, swim a few laps for some easy cardio.
- Get some toning in while you’re sitting. You can work on your abs by tightening and releasing in reps of 10. Repeat a few times and enjoy the results.
- Stay active during the warmer months. Take advantage of the nice weather and go for a long walk, bike ride, etc.
- We tend to eat when we are bored. Make sure you keep healthy foods around you so that you snack on the right things.
- Stay hydrated! We tend to confuse thirst with hunger so make sure you drink plenty of fluids during the day – lemon-infused water is my favorite beverage.
- Green apples contain fiber, loads of vitamins and minerals.
- Veggies, such as cucumbers, help decrease water retention.
- Pineapples contain enzymes which help with bloating.
- Foods that contain probiotics are a great choice, such as yogurt or kefir.
- Almonds contain healthy fats, vitamin E, and protein.
- Fish and avocados are full of healthy fats that can prevent bloating.