The island of Bali in Indonesia has been a tourist haven for decades, known for its gorgeous beaches and indulgent spas. One of the main ingredients in Balinese food is turmeric, integral, too, to Indian cuisine, and known for centuries for its anti-inflammatory properties. This mask combines turmeric with soybeans that are naturally high in plant fats like lecithin and sterolin, as well as in vitamin E. All of these ingredients soften and smooth the skin, and are particularly beneficial when mixed with vitamin- and mineral-rich aloe.
- Soak a small handful of soybeans in warm water for around 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain the soybeans and blend with 1 tsp turmeric to create a paste.
- Slice cucumber into four thin pieces and peel an aloe vera leaf.
- Dab the fresh aloe on clean skin so that it absorbs completely. Include the eye contour area, which is particularly grateful for some much-needed moisturizing treatment.
- Apply a thin layer of your soy-turmeric mask to your face, excluding the eye contour area and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Apply honey on your lips and the cucumbers on your eyes. Relax.
- Rinse off with warm water.