On Sharecare we’re helping you control your sweet tooth, sharing how to keep your love life alive and revealing why it pays to tell the truth at your doctor appointments.
1. A tasty treat here and there is fine, but overindulging in sweets can lead to a wider waistline and a number of health problems. Check out this video to create a plan to control cravings, and learn how to recognize foods with added sugars.
2. It’s easy to let your love life fizzle when you’re busy raising a family, but there are ways to keep the fire burning. Find out how with tips from sex therapist Ian Kerner.
3. Celery and carrots may be classic weight-loss foods, but you don’t have to sacrifice great taste for a slim waistline. Try these delicious fat-burning foods in addition to lots of fresh veggies.
4. Being completely honest with your physician about your habits may feel awkward, but it’s the only way to ensure that you get the care you need. Dr. Keith Roach shares the most common fibs people tell at the doctor’s office – and why it’s best to come clean.
5. Technology, work and stress can all lead to sleep disorders. Test your health IQ and see what you know about sound sleep – and how to get it – with our quiz.
On Sharecare we’re making your health a priority. Here’s a peek at some of our latest expert advice, from how to choose a new doctor to smart strategies for a flatter stomach.
1. Do you spend more time researching a new plumber than you do a new doctor? It may be time to change your focus. Darria Long Gillespie shares five questions you should ask when picking the perfect physician.
2. The itchy, uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptoms of psoriasis can seem unbearable, but relief is possible with the right treatment. Learn more about the powerful medications that target the root causes of psoriasis.
3. Spring isn’t just the time of blooming flowers and warmer weather – it’s also the beginning of swimsuit season. But you don’t have to hide in your cover up. Lose that extra flab and gain more confidence with these nine moves for a tighter middle.
4. Want to keep your vision sharp and peepers healthy for years to come? Discover ways to eat well for eye health, recognize important warning signs, treat common eye problems and more with our eye and vision health guide.
5. Spices not only make your food taste better, but certain spices have been found to improve your overall health, too. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen reveal which spices are best to add to your meals and why.
On Sharecare we’re recognizing National Colon Cancer Awareness Month with screening tips, giving you pointers to boost your sex life and sharing yummy, healthy recipes perfect for any occasion.
1. The colonoscopy may be the best-known screening test for colon cancer, but it’s not the only option. Get the lowdown on several other tests you may want to discuss with your doctor and find out which is best for you.
2. Variety is the spice of life–including your love life. Check out this video from sex therapist Ian Kerner as he shares simple ways to heat things up between the sheets.
3. Want longer lashes but not sure how to get that effortless look? Learn quick tips to pump up the volume for thicker, fuller lashes from celebrity makeup artist Scarlett Rainer.
4. From creamy “gua-kale-mole” to spicy roasted pepper dip, these delectable recipes from Dr. Mark Hyman’s new book, The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Cookbook, can double as sauces and salad dressings.
5. Suffering from joint pain but still trying to be active? Don’t let your aches hold you back. Try these gentle exercise options that can boost your fitness and flexibility.
On Sharecare we’re sharing tips for fresher breath, filling you in on a quick trick to reduce hypertension – a.k.a. high blood pressure – and revealing ways to avoid a salon visit mishap.
1. If you missed Chocolate-Covered Nuts Day on February 25th, don’t worry: This delicious treat is good for you all year. Grab a handful and discover what this crunchy snack can do for your health.
2. Want to avoid the embarrassment of bad breath? Keep your breath fresh all the time with these simple tips from Dr. Mehmet Oz.
3. Test your knowledge of the dangers that lurk in salons, from unsterilized beauty tools to products that can cause fungus. Plus, find out what you can do to minimize these health hazards.
4. If you live with high blood pressure, every little bit counts toward living a healthier lifestyle. Find out how sipping tea on a daily basis can help your hypertension numbers fall.
5. Looking to lower your stress level? It helps to know how it gets activated in the first place. Dr. Michael Roizen, author of This Is YOUR Do-Over, explains the cycle that sets us off – and his no-fail way to ease the tension.
This week on Sharecare we’re sharing advice from top cardiologists, giving you tension-soothing tips and helping you stay safe against the measles.
1. Life’s ups and downs don’t have to take a long-term health toll. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen offer these strategies to manage your stress.
2. Not sure if you’ve received the measles vaccine? Learn what you can do to make sure you’re protected from this recent outbreak.
3. Get the 411 on what Sharecare’s best heart doctors recommend to keep your ticker in tip-top shape.
4. Need to tame your appetite? Watch this video to find out the three liquids that may help suppress your hunger.
5. If you’re struggling with a low libido, you owe it to yourself — and your partner — to find out why. Discover smart ways to open up about sexual issues with your loved one.
On Sharecare we’re giving you the 411 on scary antibiotic-resistant bacteria, showing you the heart-healthy perks of a great spouse and sharing quick tips to prevent back aches.
1. Superbugs don’t just sound scary – they really are. Get the lowdown on these drug-resistant organisms and learn more about how dangerous they could be for your health.
2. Marriage is good for you, and not just in the Valentine’s Day, romantic kind of way. Learn why your spouse could be key to your good health.
3. Medications aren’t your only option to deal with psoriasis scales and bumps. Check out these six natural ways to better manage your symptoms.
4. Looking to improve your overall wellness? Find out how a health buddy can be a powerful tool to transform your health.
5. Research confirms that modern life habits – such as texting and sitting at a desk all day – are major triggers for common back pain. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen give you steps to protect your back.
On Sharecare we’re teaching you how to protect your vision, giving you tips for a happier sex life and filling you in on a frighteningly contagious disease.
1. These smart steps protect your eyes from the leading causes of vision loss and can boost your overall health, too. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen offer tips to help you guard your eyesight.
2. What worked for a past lover might not be your current partner’s cup of tea. Sex therapist Sari Cooper, LCSW, explains why you should leave the past behind you — and what to do instead.
3. After years of relatively few cases, the measles is making a comeback. Get the facts about this highly infectious disease and how to avoid it.
4. Suffering from psoriasis but also feeling joint aches? It could be psoriatic arthritis (PsA). Check out this guide to better understand PsA symptoms, causes, treatment and more.
5. Want a diet that’s good for your waistline and your wallet? Watch this video for three simple tips to save money on your shopping bill.
On Sharecare we’re giving you the latest update on this nasty cold and flu season, sharing the best yoga stretches to de-stress and helping you eat right to prevent inflammation.
1. Are your stress levels through the roof? Yoga can help. Tame your tension and breathe easier with these seven poses.
2. Take control of your health with an anti-inflammatory diet. This step-by-step eating plan is easy to follow and tastes great, too.
3. Debating whether you should get the flu shot? Despite a 23% vaccine effectiveness rate this year, experts still recommend it. Find out why.
4. Men, there are plenty of reasons to get excited for some romance in bedroom – including some surprising health perks. Discover the top health benefits of sex.
5. If you’re looking to sharpen your brain and boost your memory, learn how a small dose of curiosity – and a handful of dark chocolate – may help.
On Sharecare we’re giving you the lowdown on this dangerous flu season, helping you reach your health and wellness goals in the New Year, showing you how laughter may actually be the best medicine – and more.
1. Looking to improve your overall wellness this year? With Transform YOU’s weight-loss program, celebrity trainer David Buer and Ashley Koff, RD, bring you personalized workouts, nutrition tips and daily motivation essential to slim down and take control of your health.
2. According to the CDC, this year’s fast-spreading flu is now an epidemic. Find out how to treat it — and ways to recognize flu symptoms that can turn deadly.
3. From relieving stress to keeping off the pounds, laughter works wonders for your well-being. Find out other ways a hearty laugh may boost your health from Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen.
4. Men, we get it — you’re busy. But skipping breakfast raises your risk for heart disease and other health problems. Get a healthy start with these quick and easy breakfast ideas.
5. If your child or teen has ADHD, you know that getting — and keeping — his or her attention can be difficult. Improve lines of communication with these expert tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics and Amen Clinics.
On Sharecare we’re helping you start the New Year off right with tips for quick and effective workouts, warning you against the health dangers of artificial sweeteners and giving you ways to beat arthritis flare-ups on those cold, damp winter days.
1. Did you know that one 12-ounce can of soda can contain about 9 teaspoons of sugar? Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen explain why you may want to ditch the diet drinks — and what you should reach for instead.
2. Don’t let winter weather render you inactive. Find out which foods help curb inflammation and soothe achy joints on chilly days.
3. So you made the New Year’s resolution to get in shape, but now you can’t seem to find the time. Check out these strategies to turn everyday activities into exercise and burn more calories fast.
4. Confused about the flu shot? Will it actually protect you? Emergency medicine physician Darria Long Gillespie, MD, straightens out the myths, gives you the facts and hands out helpful tips on what you should do to stay healthy this cold and flu season.
5. If you’re worried about your baby’s delicate skin this winter, show them some TLC with these nine ways to keep their skin soft and healthy.