On Sharecare we’re serving up tips in honor of Alzheimer’s Awareness Month, help for stiff joints in cold weather, and a quick way to lower your risk of heart disease.
1. Don’t wait until New Year’s to pledge a healthier lifestyle–start now. Watch this video to see how health trackers, apps and wearables can give your body and mind a boost.
2. The end of the year means fireside conversations, hot cocoa and holiday cheer. Unfortunately for many, it also means joint soreness brought on by colder temperatures. You can’t change the weather, but eliminating these seven foods from your diet may improve how your joints feel.
3. Even if you steer clear of all common migraine triggers, there’s still a chance you’ll get a mind-splitting headache. Find out some surprising things that may set off the throbbing and how you can get a handle on migraine pain.
4. Whether you or a loved one has Alzheimer’s disease, living with the dreaded condition can be exhausting. Check out these five important lessons from our experts on how to make caring for those with Alzheimer’s just a little bit easier.
5. Eating fruits isn’t just great for your waistline; your heart also reaps major benefits. Pump up your heart health with these simple tips–including how to get more fruit in your diet–from Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen.
On Sharecare we’re dishing out the secrets to a long-lasting relationship, sharing delicious recipes from the American Diabetes Association and giving you easy tips to take care of those pearly whites.
1. A diet for diabetes doesn’t have to be bland. In honor of American Diabetes Month, try these comfort food recipes that will satisfy your taste buds and your diabetic meal plan.
2. Sizzling sex is great, but that’s not what creates strong relationships. Discover 10 simple things real-life couples do to keep love alive.
3. Despite countless products that polish, cleanse and protect teeth, most people don’t have terrific oral-care routines. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Mike Roizen give you five ways to improve your daily dental care.
4. Ebola’s still a hot topic, but there’s no need to panic or worry. Get the facts–and a healthy perspective–about your risk of getting the deadly virus.
5. Stressed? Grab a friend and share a secret. Find out how this surprising tip can help relieve stress, lower blood pressure and boost immunity.
On Sharecare we’re giving you key ways to spot diabetes early, must-know info on flu shots, and belly-friendly tips on which foods cause bloating and discomfort.
1. Like so many other health problems, diabetes is best treated–and may even be reversed–when caught early. In honor of Diabetes Awareness Month, here are six of the most common warning signs of the disease.
2. Some foods are hard to digest, which can mean gas and stomach pain. If you want to stay away from belly aches and bloating, steer clear of these seven foods, especially if you have irritable bowel disease (IBD).
3. Do you have a flaky rash? What about sore joints in your hands? If you said yes to both, you could have psoriatic arthritis.
4. It’s that time of the year again: flu shot season. Darria Long Gillespie, MD, is here to make sure you’ve got the right health facts this fall by cracking down on ten flu shot myths that can actually make you sicker.
5. Want to lose weight? Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen advise you take the daily train to work–or some form of active transportation. Find out how making this easy lifestyle change can help you slim down.
On Sharecare we’re keeping you up to speed on everything Ebola-related, sharing important health facts about the novelty contact lenses often worn with Halloween costumes, and revealing which foods can spice up your sex life.
1. Ebola news is everywhere and many people are worried about the spread of this deadly virus from West Africa. We’re here to make sure you’ve got the latest news and expert answers for your Ebola concerns.
2. Your favorite doctors are at it again: Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen are filling you in on the benefits of music for your mind, body and spirit (especially your competitive spirit).
3. Before you add zombie- or cat-like eyes to your Halloween costume, find out the scary truth about novelty contact lenses and the frightening risks they can pose to your eye health.
4. Heat up your love life by taking a walk down the aisle — the grocery aisle, that is. Next time you’re at the store, pick out these natural aphrodisiacs that’ll get both you and your partner in the mood back at home.
5. While mental health awareness has improved over the years, many people still aren’t sure how to respond when a friend or family member has a mental health condition. Be a shoulder to lean on with these six ways to be supportive.
On Sharecare we’re keeping you informed on the latest Ebola news, shining some light on how sunshine can make you happy, and revealing why busy emergency rooms may give better care.
1. Anthony S. Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, gives the 411 on how close we are to developing a vaccine for Ebola.
2. Get the scoop from Dr. Oz, MD and Dr. Roizen, MD and on how soaking up sunshine can give you a burst of energy, better sleep and more alertness throughout your day.
3. When a medical emergency happens, do you go to a large ER where the waiting room always seems crowded? Or do you head to the quieter one where you could be seen more quickly? The busier emergency room may be your best bet. Find out why.
4. You know that eating right and exercising can help you stay healthy, but that’s not all it takes to live longer and look better. Watch this video from Dr. Oz, MD, to learn which bad habits to nix.
5. Prevent future age-related vision problems with these two easy tips from Dr. Roizen, MD, to protect your eyes and keep them youthful.
On Sharecare we’re revealing secrets to a great sex life at any age, debunking common weight loss myths, helping you ease your achy knees – and more.
1. Is your love life raging or fading? Either way, spice up your routine with these seven surefire solutions to take your sex life to the next level.
2. We’re setting the record straight on weight loss fact and fiction so that you can successfully shed those extra pounds and keep them off.
3. If you’re one of the millions of Americans with knee osteoarthritis (OA), find out how a knee brace can help re-align your joints, decrease your knee pain and help you stay active.
4. Heartburn, or heart problem? It can be hard to tell them apart. Learn which symptoms tend to be more common with each condition and how you should act if you’re having chest pains.
5. Avoid the sting of dry eyes with these simple tips to soothe itchy, irritated eyes from America’s favorite doctors, Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen.
On Sharecare we’ve got your health news covered with updates on the Ebola virus, four tricks to reduce hair loss and how exercise can help you fend off breast cancer.
1. Ebola’s been the global hot topic for a few months, but since the CDC confirmed the first U.S. case last week, this news hits closer to home. From how it spreads to who’s at risk, get the latest on this deadly disease.
2. Noticing more hair in the shower drain these days? No need to panic. Whether you’re a man or a woman, watch this video by Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD, to get the scoop on how to keep your hair from falling out – regardless of your age.
3. We’re kicking off Breast Cancer Awareness Month with some good news: Research shows that an hour of exercise every day may help keep breast cancer at bay. Even more encouraging? You can reap the benefit regardless of what age or weight you are when you start becoming active.
4. Stress isn’t just increasing your blood pressure and anxiety – it may also be widening your waistline. For a healthier, happier and thinner you, follow these tips from Dr. Oz and Michael Roizen, MD, to tame chronic stress and avoid belly fat.
5. You may be quick to blame your year-round allergies on the weather, mold or dust. But there are some pretty unusual triggers that could be setting off your coughing and sneezing. Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
On Sharecare we’re keeping you in the know about essential health info. Find out why it’s never too late to get heart healthy, the dangers of skipping childhood vaccinations, easy ways to avoid weight-gain this football season and more. Check out five of our latest posts.
- Do you smoke cigarettes, watch a lot of TV or indulge in unhealthy foods a bit too much? Good news: Your favorite doctors Dr. Oz, MD, and Dr. Roizen, MD, reveal how nixing unhealthy habits can actually reverse the damage they do to your heart.
- Even if your child has been vaccinated, immunity can wear off. Get the facts on how your vigilance can prevent your child from bringing home a preventable illness.
- Want to enjoy the flavor of hot wings, beer and other football favorites, but somehow keep calories in check? We can help! Try our Armchair Quarterback Diet for healthier food and drink alternatives.
- Cooler weather has its perks, but it also means the start of cold and flu season. Add this fruit to your daily diet for a tasty way to strengthen your immune system.
- If you have irritable bowel disease (IBD), listen up: Higher levels of vitamin D may help keep cancer at bay. Find out how the sunshine vitamin can lower your cancer risk and why you should include it in your IBD treatment plan.
On Sharecare we’re revealing sneaky sources of saturated fat, the trouble with teens’ late-night texting and what to do if your man’s grumpy attitude is bringing down your marriage. Check out five of our latest posts.
1. Even if you’ve ditched dairy and cut way back on red meat, you’re likely chowing down on more saturated fat than you think. Here’s Dr. Oz’s list of the top five offenders.
2. From sleep-texting to cyberbullying, get the 411 on how middle-of-the-night cellphone use can be influencing your teen’s mental health, REM cycle and concentration.
3. Men: According to a recent study, your health status and attitude may be putting a damper on your marriage. Find out how and ways to rekindle the romance.
4. Could your complexion use a pick-me-up? Watch this video for an easy plan, from the best skin-care products to the right way to moisturize, for radiant skin.
5. Most people don’t take their heartburn meds correctly. Don’t be one of them. If you suffer from heartburn or GERD, avoid the common mistakes with these tips on how to get the relief you need.
On Sharecare, we’re filling you in on the enterovirus outbreak, how your morning brew can be good for you and ways to avoid those weird sex headaches. Check out five of our latest posts.
1. Enterovirus is everywhere on the news. Should you be worried? Get informed on the respiratory illness and learn effective ways to protect your family.
2. Men: Grab some coffee and listen up. In recognition of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, we’re telling you how that cup of coffee could be a secret weapon to fight prostate cancer.
3. Are you among the unfortunate few who get sex headaches? Get the scoop on why they may happen and how to stop them.
4. You rely on sight to experience the world and communicate with others. Take care of one of your most important senses and keep your eyes healthy with these ten sight-saving tips.
5. Think you’re hitting the gym hard? A recent study suggests you may not be doing as much as you thought. Boost your benefits with these ways to get the most from each workout.