On Sharecare we’re giving you the latest update on this nasty cold and flu season, sharing the best yoga stretches to de-stress and helping you eat right to prevent inflammation.
1. Are your stress levels through the roof? Yoga can help. Tame your tension and breathe easier with these seven poses.
2. Take control of your health with an anti-inflammatory diet. This step-by-step eating plan is easy to follow and tastes great, too.
3. Debating whether you should get the flu shot? Despite a 23% vaccine effectiveness rate this year, experts still recommend it. Find out why.
4. Men, there are plenty of reasons to get excited for some romance in bedroom – including some surprising health perks. Discover the top health benefits of sex.
5. If you’re looking to sharpen your brain and boost your memory, learn how a small dose of curiosity – and a handful of dark chocolate – may help.
On Sharecare we’re giving you the lowdown on this dangerous flu season, helping you reach your health and wellness goals in the New Year, showing you how laughter may actually be the best medicine – and more.
1. Looking to improve your overall wellness this year? With Transform YOU’s weight-loss program, celebrity trainer David Buer and Ashley Koff, RD, bring you personalized workouts, nutrition tips and daily motivation essential to slim down and take control of your health.
2. According to the CDC, this year’s fast-spreading flu is now an epidemic. Find out how to treat it — and ways to recognize flu symptoms that can turn deadly.
3. From relieving stress to keeping off the pounds, laughter works wonders for your well-being. Find out other ways a hearty laugh may boost your health from Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen.
4. Men, we get it — you’re busy. But skipping breakfast raises your risk for heart disease and other health problems. Get a healthy start with these quick and easy breakfast ideas.
5. If your child or teen has ADHD, you know that getting — and keeping — his or her attention can be difficult. Improve lines of communication with these expert tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics and Amen Clinics.
On Sharecare we’re helping you start the New Year off right with tips for quick and effective workouts, warning you against the health dangers of artificial sweeteners and giving you ways to beat arthritis flare-ups on those cold, damp winter days.
1. Did you know that one 12-ounce can of soda can contain about 9 teaspoons of sugar? Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen explain why you may want to ditch the diet drinks — and what you should reach for instead.
2. Don’t let winter weather render you inactive. Find out which foods help curb inflammation and soothe achy joints on chilly days.
3. So you made the New Year’s resolution to get in shape, but now you can’t seem to find the time. Check out these strategies to turn everyday activities into exercise and burn more calories fast.
4. Confused about the flu shot? Will it actually protect you? Emergency medicine physician Darria Long Gillespie, MD, straightens out the myths, gives you the facts and hands out helpful tips on what you should do to stay healthy this cold and flu season.
5. If you’re worried about your baby’s delicate skin this winter, show them some TLC with these nine ways to keep their skin soft and healthy.
On Sharecare we’re outlining nine easy steps to get more slumber, showing you how to de-stress during pregnancy and helping you fight winter weight gain with delicious alternatives to holiday favorites.
1. Are mashed potatoes better than green bean casserole? Should you pass on Grandma’s pumpkin pie for the cheesecake? Find out with our guide to healthy holiday eats.
2. Whether you’re a first-time mom or have had a child before, pregnancy can be exciting — and exhausting. That’s why we’ve put together these easy, calming yoga poses to get you through the backaches, restless nights and more.
3. If you’re worried about what holiday treats may be doing to your teeth, follow this expert advice to improve your oral health and keep those pearly whites shining.
4. Foggy mind? Damaged arteries? Growing belly? Dodge these health problems with this five-minute fix from Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen.
5. From gift shopping to family entertaining, the best time of the year can also be the most tiring. Try this deep-sleep plan that will help you get a good night’s rest and wake up feeling energized.
On Sharecare we’re letting you in on ways to beat the stress, sharing recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth without expanding your waistline and giving you some expert safety tips — all in time for the holidays.
1. Hosting a holiday party? You’ll have everyone crowded around the snacks instead of under the mistletoe with these mouth-watering – and guilt-free – desserts.
2. From devices that track activity to sensors that give insight into sleep patterns, check out these high-tech health gadgets that make great stocking stuffers.
3. With presents to buy, family to entertain and cookies to bake, holiday prep can be overwhelming. If you’re feeling frazzled, check out these tips to tame the tension.
4. Too much eggnog can give you more than just a hangover. Get the scoop from Dr. Darria Long Gillespie on how excess partying can lead to what some experts call Holiday Heart Syndrome, and ways you can avoid it.
5. Doing some decorating? Putting up the tree? Watch out for holiday hazards that could turn a joyful time with loved ones into an unplanned trip to the ER.
On Sharecare we’re showing you how to get better results from your workouts, helping you ease psoriasis symptoms and telling you a few simple tricks to help protect your memory.
1. This year’s flu season could be a rough one, according to recent news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Darria Long Gillespie, MD, explains how to protect you and your family.
2. Many people suffer from the itchy, painful symptoms of psoriasis and don’t get the help they need. Get relief and prevent psoriasis flare-ups with these tips.
3. Men: Extra weight around your middle isn’t just bad for your health – it can wreak havoc in the bedroom, too. Check out these ways to burn belly fat fast and get your sex life back on track.
4. Have you become more forgetful? Don’t blame your age: Trans fats could be the harming your memory. Learn which foods have them and how to steer clear.
5. Don’t let the spirit of Thanksgiving fade as the December holidays approach. Find out the benefits of adopting an attitude of gratitude all year long.
On Sharecare we’re offering: ways to travel in comfort and without fear of Ebola this Thanksgiving, recipes for diabetes-friendly smoothies and easy ways to avoid weight gain during menopause.
1. Headaches and nausea are classic signs of motion sickness, and they can make your plane or car ride miserable. With Thanksgiving travel around the corner, now’s the perfect time to get Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen’s solutions to tame these symptoms.
2. Speaking of Thanksgiving travel, are you anxious about getting on a plane during the Ebola outbreak? Here are three reasons to pack your bags and fly without fear.
3. Juice-bar smoothies are calorie and carbohydrate bombs, which can be a problem for people with diabetes. Instead, add these delicious blood sugar-safe smoothies to your menu for a healthy breakfast or energizing snack.
4. If you’re nearsighted, you’ve probably had plenty of awkward moments when you weren’t wearing glasses or contacts. But there may be a perk to this vision impairment after all. Learn about the brainy side of being nearsighted.
5. If you’re facing menopause and worry about the weight gain that often comes with it, check out these three tips to help you keep your waistline in check.
On Sharecare we’re serving up tips in honor of Alzheimer’s Awareness Month, help for stiff joints in cold weather, and a quick way to lower your risk of heart disease.
1. Don’t wait until New Year’s to pledge a healthier lifestyle–start now. Watch this video to see how health trackers, apps and wearables can give your body and mind a boost.
2. The end of the year means fireside conversations, hot cocoa and holiday cheer. Unfortunately for many, it also means joint soreness brought on by colder temperatures. You can’t change the weather, but eliminating these seven foods from your diet may improve how your joints feel.
3. Even if you steer clear of all common migraine triggers, there’s still a chance you’ll get a mind-splitting headache. Find out some surprising things that may set off the throbbing and how you can get a handle on migraine pain.
4. Whether you or a loved one has Alzheimer’s disease, living with the dreaded condition can be exhausting. Check out these five important lessons from our experts on how to make caring for those with Alzheimer’s just a little bit easier.
5. Eating fruits isn’t just great for your waistline; your heart also reaps major benefits. Pump up your heart health with these simple tips–including how to get more fruit in your diet–from Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen.
On Sharecare we’re dishing out the secrets to a long-lasting relationship, sharing delicious recipes from the American Diabetes Association and giving you easy tips to take care of those pearly whites.
1. A diet for diabetes doesn’t have to be bland. In honor of American Diabetes Month, try these comfort food recipes that will satisfy your taste buds and your diabetic meal plan.
2. Sizzling sex is great, but that’s not what creates strong relationships. Discover 10 simple things real-life couples do to keep love alive.
3. Despite countless products that polish, cleanse and protect teeth, most people don’t have terrific oral-care routines. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Mike Roizen give you five ways to improve your daily dental care.
4. Ebola’s still a hot topic, but there’s no need to panic or worry. Get the facts–and a healthy perspective–about your risk of getting the deadly virus.
5. Stressed? Grab a friend and share a secret. Find out how this surprising tip can help relieve stress, lower blood pressure and boost immunity.
On Sharecare we’re giving you key ways to spot diabetes early, must-know info on flu shots, and belly-friendly tips on which foods cause bloating and discomfort.
1. Like so many other health problems, diabetes is best treated–and may even be reversed–when caught early. In honor of Diabetes Awareness Month, here are six of the most common warning signs of the disease.
2. Some foods are hard to digest, which can mean gas and stomach pain. If you want to stay away from belly aches and bloating, steer clear of these seven foods, especially if you have irritable bowel disease (IBD).
3. Do you have a flaky rash? What about sore joints in your hands? If you said yes to both, you could have psoriatic arthritis.
4. It’s that time of the year again: flu shot season. Darria Long Gillespie, MD, is here to make sure you’ve got the right health facts this fall by cracking down on ten flu shot myths that can actually make you sicker.
5. Want to lose weight? Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen advise you take the daily train to work–or some form of active transportation. Find out how making this easy lifestyle change can help you slim down.