This week on Sharecare we’re giving you expert tips to sleep tight, filling you in on what’s to blame for your breakouts (as well as tips to get rid of them) and helping you know if your psoriatic arthritis is out of control.
1. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone — adult acne is much more common than you think. Click through to discover some bizarre facts about zits and learn what you can do lower your chances of an acne attack.
2. Bad sleeping habits don’t just wreck your attention and energy levels — poor sleep is now linked to higher stroke and heart attack risk. Check out these tips to help you rest easier.
3. Most of the panic associated with the Ebola epidemic has long cooled down in the United States, but is it still a concern for the future? Find out what a CDC Ebola expert has to say on the most recent outbreak — and whether you should be worried.
4. The best way to get relief from psoriatic arthritis is with the right treatment for you. Discover which warning signs could mean you need consider a different medication.
5. High blood sugar speeds up aging, but a handful of these can help keep your levels low. Watch this video to learn what healthy snack you should nibble on for a longer life.
This week on Sharecare we’re sharing foods that can boost your brain health as well as recipes that can keep you feeling — and looking — your best. Plus, get tips to rev up your love life.
1. Ever heard of the MIND diet? If not, Darria Long Gillespie, MD is here to fill you in. She explains how this delicious, brain-boosting plan can reduce Alzheimer’s disease risk by up to 53%.
2. Looking to boost your weight loss? Discover how these foods can help you re-ignite a tired metabolism to help you feel full faster, increase energy levels and melt those pounds away.
3. Research shows that many people with rheumatoid arthritis don’t take their medications — but missing doses of RA treatment can put your health at risk. If you or a loved one lives with RA, learn why it’s best to stick with your treatment.
4. There are some scary stats about teens texting and driving: Did you know that texting and driving makes your child 24 times more likely to crash? Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen offer tips to give your child next time they’re behind the wheel.
5. Does your sex life need a little lift? Watch this video to find out what you and your partner can do to enhance your time tangled in the sheets by focusing on one simple thing.
This week on Sharecare we’re offering insight on how location can affect your well-being, giving you easy ways to lower your RealAge and sharing advice on how to shape up your fitness routine.
1. It’s easy to make excuses for not exercising — but this may put you at risk for serious diseases down the road. Check out these five reasons to stop hitting the snooze button on your exercise alarm clock.
2. Location doesn’t just matter when it comes to real estate — it impacts your health, too. Find out where people have the best diets, are the most positive and the least stressed. How does your city compare?
3. Taking care of your body isn’t a sprint. Instead, think of it more as a lifelong marathon. And your daily activities count way more than you think. Try these ways to feel healthier — and knock years off your RealAge — in only five minutes a day.
4. Remission for rheumatoid arthritis is possible, but unfortunately much too rare. But don’t get discouraged: Discover some smart things you can do to ensure that you get the best treatment and the best chance of beating RA.
5. Summer may be nearing an end, but you’re still probably taking a refreshing dip in that pool. Did you know that some of the biggest water dangers are so small you need a microscope to see them? Test your IQ on these dangerous pool pests.
This week on Sharecare we’re giving you the inside scoop on which foods to add to your menu for a better mood, telling you why hobbies are healthy, and keeping you updated on the latest disease outbreak.
1. Food doesn’t just provide you with the nutrients and vitamins you need — it’s also a great booster of happiness. Discover which foods can help elevate your mood (bacon’s one of them!) and find the best ways to add them to your diet.
2. When you’re in pain, sometimes it can be tough to know if you should call your doctor — or if you need to go to the emergency room. Learn what signs to watch out for that may mean a trip to the ER.
3. Hobbies are a great way to unwind and get lost in something that interests you. But whether you’re knitting, gardening or something else — hobbies can also have a positive impact on your health, particularly your brain. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen are here to tell you how.
4. You don’t need to spend hours at the gym to reverse age-related muscle decline. Watch this video to learn how a little exercise can go a long way.
5. Legionnaires’ disease, a rare form of bacterial pneumonia, struck New York, leaving many people sick and seven dead. Should you be worried? Get the latest on this outbreak.
On Sharecare we’re letting you in on why you may need the Tdap shot, giving you an unusually effective tip to get better sleep and helping you make healthier food choices for the rest of the summer.
1. You’re vigilant about your kids’ and grandkids’ health, but did you know that you might be the greatest health hazard to your little loved ones? Find out why and get the scoop on how one tiny shot can eliminate the danger.
2. Want to feel happier? It may not be as hard as you think. Incorporate these simple habits into your daily routine to get a lasting lift to your happiness — and your physical health, too.
3. When you feel awful, your wait in the emergency room seems to take forever. The good news: There are things you can do to speed up the process. Get tips from ER physician Darria Long Gillespie, MD, on how you can take the pain out of ER visits.
4. Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you should go lax on your diet. Learn how you can keep that beach bod going strong by switching out high-calorie summer foods for healthier seasonal choices.
5. Tossing and turning all night? Skip the prescription medicine and the incessant counting of sheep. Instead, try this sleep strategy to help you sleep easier — and even boost your sense of adventure.
This week on Sharecare we’re giving out tips to ease daily stress, sharing ways to help your feet look good naked and helping you get the summer beach legs you’ve always wanted.
1. You’ve heard about the damaging impact that negative emotions can have on your health, but are you aware of how a happy mood can boost your overall wellness? Discover how a sunny disposition can shine rays for better heart health, a stronger immune system and more.
2. Everyone has a bad day now and then, but you shouldn’t let that stress overwhelm you. Check out these surprisingly easy ways to tackle the tension and better manage your everyday stress.
3. Do you have pretty feet? Or do you prefer to keep them covered up? Watch this video to learn three simple tips to keep your feet groomed and pain-free so you’ll want to show them off.
4. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recently released its 2015 Dietary Guidelines — a healthy-diet blueprint that affects everything from school lunch menus to the dietary advice your doctor gives you. Find out what Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen think about the recommendations, as well as tips to eat healthier.
5. Summer is in full swing and that means cooler, lightweight clothes. But if you’re lacking the confidence to wear that summer skirt or those breezy shorts, your wardrobe may be limited. Shape up in no time — and boost your confidence — by following this simple yoga routine for leaner, sexier legs.
This week on Sharecare, we’re helping you stay slim for swimsuit season, reduce rheumatoid arthritis aches, and get your sleep cycle back on track.
1. With nicer weather and longer days, summer is the perfect time for pool parties and outdoor festivities. But all that fun usually goes hand in hand with lots of food. Learn ways to make smart eating choices and still enjoy yourself at all your summer gatherings.
2. Trying to boost your mood? It doesn’t have to be complicated. Discover six little things you can do every day to bring more joy into your life and increase your happiness levels.
3. The phrase “no pain, no gain” doesn’t apply to strength training. When you work out your muscles, the exercises need to be challenging to get results — but not to the point where it’s painful. Watch this video for expert advice on how to practice resistance training safely.
4. When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis, a proactive approach to your pain is better than ignoring the symptoms. Check out these self-care tips that’ll help you ease inflammation, lower fatigue, and find relief.
5. Are you having trouble getting some shut-eye? Your fast-paced lifestyle may be to blame. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen offer simple sleep strategies to get the ZZZs you need.
This week on Sharecare we’re helping you spot symptoms in your little one that may mean an ER trip, make smarter eating choices to cut calories and manage your psoriasis pains.
1. A sick child can be a scary thing — especially for new parents. Often you only need to make a quick call to your pediatrician, but when certain signs and symptoms strike, it may be time to head to the hospital. Learn what you should watch out for when you have a child feeling under the weather.
2. Controlling your psoriasis flare-ups and symptoms can be tough. One of the easiest ways to better manage your condition is by keeping tabs on what triggers them. Try these three smart tracking strategies and become better equipped to speak to your doctor about treatment.
3. Losing weight doesn’t have to mean eating foods that taste like cardboard. Check out these mealtime tricks — from ditching white bread to picking the right fruit — that can help you eat healthier and slim down.
4. Need some fitness inspiration? Discover what these Sharecare experts have to say about staying active during the summer and get the scoop on how you can shape up and feel great, too.
5. Being a caregiver to someone suffering from rheumatoid arthritis can be difficult. Find out how you can better respond to your loved one’s RA pain with these four caregiving tips and tricks.
This week on Sharecare we’re preparing you for a safer holiday, helping you improve your eye health and testing your knowledge on mind-blowing migraines.
1. Don’t let minor mishaps – think mosquito bites and sparkler burns – ruin your Independence Day celebrations. Instead, check out these five ways to have an awesome – and safe – Fourth of July.
2. Did you know that about one in three women in the U.S. will have a hysterectomy before age 60? If you’re considering getting a hysterectomy, get the facts on whether you really need it – and what to expect during and after the procedure.
3. Head-splitting migraines are more than just painful – they’re almost unbearable. Take our quiz to see what you know about migraines and find out the best ways to ease the throbbing aches.
4. Trouble sleeping? Try this to get some shut-eye tonight: Go for a walk! Watch this video to learn why it helps and discover other cardio activities that are good for deeper sleep.
5. It’s not always easy to tell how healthy your eyes are. Take our assessment to receive personalized recommendations to protect your vision and reduce your risk of common eye problems.
This week on Sharecare we’re helping you shed those last pounds, keeping you updated on the most recent disease outbreak and giving you tips to stay in shape during your next business trip.
1. Summer bodies are usually made in the winter, but if you want to have a beach-ready bod now — it’s not too late. Lose weight with these simple slim-down strategies that will have you excited about getting into that bikini.
2. MERS — short for Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome — is the latest deadly virus making global headlines. But should you be worried? Find out more about the cases in Korea and China and if MERS is a threat here.
3. While it’s been talked about for years, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officially announced its decision to bar artificial trans fats from processed foods. Get the details on what this means for the future of your health — and which common foods may still contain trans fats.
4. Whether you’re traveling for business or for pleasure, it can be tough to get in a workout on the go. But what about that downtime between flights? Check out these toning and stretching moves that you can squeeze in during a layover.
5. Grandparents have a special bond with their grandchildren, but they may not have the latest safety information to take care of them effectively. If you’re a grandparent, get up to speed on updated health and safety guidelines you may not know.