This week on Sharecare we’re helping connect the dots between love and laughter, clearing up some misinformation when it comes to the flu and answering the question on so many minds: are water pills safe for weight loss?
1. Just this past week, the American Academy of Pediatrics updated its schedule of the preventive screenings children and adolescents need at each age. We caught up with Sharecare Advisory Board Member Tanya Altmann, MD, FAAP, to get the scoop on what these guidelines mean for your child.
2. Ever tempted to skip the flu shot – figuring you could just take meds if you do catch a bug? Bad move. Meds may not work – and could come with nasty side effects. Check out more flu myths that can jeopardize your health.
3. If you or a loved one live with rheumatoid arthritis, you’re familiar with the exhaustion that comes with it – all you want to do is rest. But a small study suggests that doing this can give you a big energy boost.
4. There may just be some magic in mirth, especially when it comes to couples. Research shows that real, spontaneous laughter between two people can signal a truly happy connection. Find out more about the link between love and laughter.
5. You may have heard water pills touted as a weight loss wonder, but are they really? Get the facts about who should take them, who shouldn’t take them and why.