This week on Sharecare we’re shining some light on false truths about sun safety, helping you cut Rx costs and offering sweet solutions to cut sugar addictions.
1. While there’s no shortage of information on how to stay safe in the sun, some facts tend to get skewed. Discover which common assumptions about sunlight aren’t true, as well as ways to protect your skin year-round.
2. Worried about how much money good health is costing you? While it may be good to cut back in certain areas of your life, experts recommend you not skip out on much-needed medications. Save money without sacrificing your health with these tips to reduce your prescription drug costs.
3. If you have a sweet tooth that just won’t quit, you know how easy one dessert can turn into many more. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen dish out simple strategies to curb sugar cravings and stay on track with healthy eating.
4. Living with arthritis? You may want to consider yoga. Studies have found that a majority of arthritis sufferers who took yoga classes experienced less pain, swelling — and even reduced stress! Ease your stiffness, improve flexibility and boost your mood with these eight yoga poses.
5. If you’ve got a busy work life — and let’s face it, who doesn’t — it can be easy to find reasons why you shouldn’t work out. But you don’t need to let excuses take over your exercise routine. Here are five easy ways to find time for fitness from Darria Long Gillespie, MD.