This week on Sharecare we’re giving you expert pointers to take the ick out of awkward gynecology appointments, sharing tips to protect your back, and filling you in on ways to lower diabetes risk.
1. Few women like going to the gynecologist. Things like feet in the stirrups or describing a weird vaginal discharge can make appointments embarrassing and downright uncomfortable – but they don’t have to be. HCA experts Darcy Bryan, MD and Arjav Ted Shah, MD explain how to navigate awkward moments to get the most out of your gyno visits.
2. Ladies, listen up. Did you know that a few seemingly harmless habits might be the culprits for chronic back pain? Learn more about five bad back behaviors, plus some easy lifestyle tweaks for a healthier spine.
3. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, two people die from diabetes-related causes every five minutes. But there’s good news: If caught early, type 2 diabetes can be managed – and sometimes even reversed with simple lifestyle changes. Here’s what you can do to make a difference.
4. Hoverboards were one of the most sought-after gifts of 2015 – but they’re one of the most dangerous too. These motorized skateboards have led to falls and injuries, sending dozens to emergency rooms. Check out the latest news on hoverboards and learn how to use them safely.
5. Looking after a loved one with Alzheimer’s can be emotionally and physically taxing, especially if you’re the primary caregiver. Make it easier on yourself by following these six tips.