Here’s what health-seekers on Sharecare were interested in this week:
1. The Family Order: Some studies show that where you fall in the birth order of your siblings can say a lot about your personality, intelligence and how you look. Want to know more about how your place in your family affects who you are? Take our “Power of Birth Order” quiz to find out.
2. What to Eat to Whittle Your Waist: Got belly fat on the brain? No wonder! It’s a hot topic these days, since docs now know a spare tire can be hazardous to your health (not to mention your belt size). The good news: Certain foods actually help to melt midsection flab, according to Sharecare experts. Put these belly fat-fighting favorites on your shopping list.
3. A Berry Good Way to Burn Fat: Raspberry ketones may sound like the name of a funky rock band, but these aromatic compounds in raspberries can help to torch fat in two ways, according to Sharecare expert and fitness guru Lisa Lynn. Get the skinny on how raspberry ketones burn fat and help you slim down.
4. Don’t OD on D (or E, or A, or K…): As with many things in life, when it comes to supplements, it’s all too easy to get too much of a good thing – and in fact, popping too many of certain vitamins and minerals can be harmful to your health, says Walgreens pharmacist Stacia Woodcock. Find out how to prevent supplement overdoses here.
5. Bone Up on Calcium Facts: We all need calcium, but is downing as much dairy as you can or popping pills the best way to get it? That depends. According to Joan Salge Blake of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the body can absorb only so much calcium at once, so it’s wise to spread out your intake throughout the day, especially if you take a supplement. Learn the best ways to take calcium.
Join the largest health conversation in 140 characters or less! Tweet what you want to talk about to @SharecareNow and let’s start chatting!