Get Sharecare’s weekly roundup of health news and tips:
1. Summer’s right around the corner — which means so is bathing suit season. Click through our slideshow to get quick tips on how to shed those stubborn pounds.
2. If you spend time outdoors – and who doesn’t? – you may find yourself in contact with ticks. Get the 411 on symptoms to watch for if you’re bitten by a tick – plus ways to avoid these woodsy critters.
3. Good vision is crucial for a child’s education and development, but up to 60% of school vision screenings can miss kids with eye problems. Here’s how to spot whether your child has trouble seeing clearly.
4. A new study shows that one-third of Americans with high LDL cholesterol do nothing to treat it. If you fall into that category, these simple lifestyle tweaks can help get your cholesterol levels into the healthy range.
5. Arthritis in the hands and wrists can make the simplest everyday activities challenging. If you or a loved one suffers from arthritis, these five hand exercises can help ease aches and improve range of motion.