This week on Sharecare we’re helping nail biters break the habit, sharing smart ways to fend off back pain and giving an insider’s advice on ways to make a trip to the ER less nerve-wracking
1. The federal government just released their new dietary guidelines – the nation’s official healthy-diet blueprint. Here are four things to know about their recommendations (with a special note for the guys!).
2. Scary medical emergencies can happen when you least expect them–which is why it helps to be prepared. Get the inside scoop from emergency room physician, Jonathon Pangia, DO, on how to make you or your loved one’s ER visit less stressful.
3. You don’t have to be a construction worker to have an aching back. In fact, sitting hunched over a computer for hours at a time is enough to leave your back screaming in pain. Fortunately, there are ways to give your back a break (not literally!). Check out these easy tips to head off pain before it starts.
4. Having prediabetes may not sound like anything to worry about – but if you don’t take steps to address it, the condition could turn into full-blown type 2 diabetes. Discover six ways to reverse your risk and get your health back on track.
5. Are you a habitual nail biter? If so, here’s something to chew on: Nail-biting not only leaves you with unsightly nails, it makes it easier for you to pick up bacteria and viruses that can make you sick. Learn about the underlying causes, plus tips to beat the habit.