On Sharecare we’re giving you key ways to spot diabetes early, must-know info on flu shots, and belly-friendly tips on which foods cause bloating and discomfort.
1. Like so many other health problems, diabetes is best treated–and may even be reversed–when caught early. In honor of Diabetes Awareness Month, here are six of the most common warning signs of the disease.
2. Some foods are hard to digest, which can mean gas and stomach pain. If you want to stay away from belly aches and bloating, steer clear of these seven foods, especially if you have irritable bowel disease (IBD).
3. Do you have a flaky rash? What about sore joints in your hands? If you said yes to both, you could have psoriatic arthritis.
4. It’s that time of the year again: flu shot season. Darria Long Gillespie, MD, is here to make sure you’ve got the right health facts this fall by cracking down on ten flu shot myths that can actually make you sicker.
5. Want to lose weight? Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen advise you take the daily train to work–or some form of active transportation. Find out how making this easy lifestyle change can help you slim down.