This week on Sharecare we’re giving you the inside scoop on which foods to add to your menu for a better mood, telling you why hobbies are healthy, and keeping you updated on the latest disease outbreak.
1. Food doesn’t just provide you with the nutrients and vitamins you need — it’s also a great booster of happiness. Discover which foods can help elevate your mood (bacon’s one of them!) and find the best ways to add them to your diet.
2. When you’re in pain, sometimes it can be tough to know if you should call your doctor — or if you need to go to the emergency room. Learn what signs to watch out for that may mean a trip to the ER.
3. Hobbies are a great way to unwind and get lost in something that interests you. But whether you’re knitting, gardening or something else — hobbies can also have a positive impact on your health, particularly your brain. Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen are here to tell you how.
4. You don’t need to spend hours at the gym to reverse age-related muscle decline. Watch this video to learn how a little exercise can go a long way.
5. Legionnaires’ disease, a rare form of bacterial pneumonia, struck New York, leaving many people sick and seven dead. Should you be worried? Get the latest on this outbreak.