This week on Sharecare we’re teaching you how to decipher between a harmless insect bite and a dangerous one, giving tips to get through a workday if you have psoriatic arthritis pain and offering a simple trick to eat better and lose weight – right in time for swimsuit season.
1. One second you’re enjoying a relaxing picnic with your family but then out of nowhere – you’ve been stung by a bug. Darria Long Gillespie, MD, explains how to know whether it’s a serious medical problem, when to see your doctor and tips to protect yourself in the future.
2. Have an appointment with the dermatologist? It always helps to be prepared. Whether you’re going for a rash, acne or a skin cancer exam, follow these simple steps to make the most out of your visit.
3. If you’re trying to lose weight, you probably know that it’s all too easy to break your diet and overindulge in tasty treats. Watch this video to learn how to finally curb the cycle of binge eating and make weight loss more enjoyable.
4. Living with psoriatic arthritis? Your symptoms can make getting through the workday a slog. Check out seven things you can do to help manage your disease and its effects on your day-to-day life, including when it comes to work.
5. Keeping your heart healthy is serious business, but it can also be fun. Don’t miss these five surprisingly pleasant ways — including getting a little sun and taking a trip — to show your heart some extra love.