On Sharecare we’re helping you start the New Year off right with tips for quick and effective workouts, warning you against the health dangers of artificial sweeteners and giving you ways to beat arthritis flare-ups on those cold, damp winter days.
1. Did you know that one 12-ounce can of soda can contain about 9 teaspoons of sugar? Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen explain why you may want to ditch the diet drinks — and what you should reach for instead.
2. Don’t let winter weather render you inactive. Find out which foods help curb inflammation and soothe achy joints on chilly days.
3. So you made the New Year’s resolution to get in shape, but now you can’t seem to find the time. Check out these strategies to turn everyday activities into exercise and burn more calories fast.
4. Confused about the flu shot? Will it actually protect you? Emergency medicine physician Darria Long Gillespie, MD, straightens out the myths, gives you the facts and hands out helpful tips on what you should do to stay healthy this cold and flu season.
5. If you’re worried about your baby’s delicate skin this winter, show them some TLC with these nine ways to keep their skin soft and healthy.